Friday, October 22, 2010

Of Fridays and Freestyle~

 "It's dark. Still. A candle in the window of each house, some lit, others dead. The city stretches to every horizon. From the sea of star-dotted ink rises a tower - Her tower. She sits, silhouetted against the clock's pallid face, and waits. Watches. The bells toll. One... Five... Eleven... She steps out into thin air and descends like a drop of water through oil, until her feet brush the bruised black cobblestones of her city. Down the streets she passes. A glance extinguishes a flame, and a candle bursts into spirited life somewhere else in the hugely eternal domain..."

This originated as a solo for a trumpet friend of mine. I sat a piano and plinked, until I found a pretty sound. Then I let it run away with my creative license. A simple solo turns into something dark and terrifying and chilling.

And it has a story, apparently.

More to come. But, yeah. Gotta love it.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was kinda ridiculous. Like, beyond ridiculous. Friday morning pretty much raped my brain, and sucked all the happy out of me. No bueno. Do not want. Aural Skizzles really didn't help anything, either. Meh. Then came marching band, which was good, yus. Chilled after that, scribbled on the crumpled piece of notebook paper that contains the rough work for said trumpet solo, then went to J-j-j-jazz Choir. Mmm, tasty. Went home after that, wrote some more (I don't have a problem. Honest.) went to Serpentine (marching band does it smarching thing through campus while squad leaders try not to murder ditsy Hawaiians and other people who can't stay in line!!!), hung out with some of the bestest bandos in the whole world, aaaaand went home. And now, here I sit, digesting a tuna melt thing (that could've used banana peppers. Really.) and writing more. And thinking. -le sigh-

Boyyyyyyys are silly. And adorable. But mostly silly. And confusing as all hell.

And clingy. D: Switch to different boy for a moment. The clingy one. Yessss, you. I'm okay with the clingyness, because I enjoy snuggles and I don't get enough of them from anybody. But. I dun want the snuggles you give me to convey the wrong message to people. Because you are snuggly to me and not as much to others and I are teh scared that they'll read to far into things like they tend to do and then get depressed.

And then there's the one who I'm trying to figure out. Because I'd really like to start something with him, but I dunno if I should. I enjoy who you are, but am I just reading too far into it?

GAH. Men.

Aaaanywho. Prolly write a bit more, then head to sleeps. Hooray for weekend work, whee!

Σαγαπο, και καληνυχτα~ <3

1 comment:

  1. Men are confusing. Then again so are women.

    And children.

    ... People are confusing.

    ReplyDelete