Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Who. The Hell. Do You Think You Are?

"Well, that's just not okay with me. You're too accepting of people's differences."

...Uhm, excuse you?
The only reason this woman still walks the earth is because I don't know her that well. That, and the fact that we were separated by the interwebs may have saved her life.

Somehow we got onto the subject of sexual orientation. I should've stopped right then and there--I could feel that her mind was narrowed. But I failed to change the subject in time, and I paid for it.

I said that I had no problem with homosexual couples. It's not how I fly personally, but I'm not affected by anyone else's decisions. She said that was weird. I said that one of my best friends is gay. And he's not shy about it. We all know it, and we all accept it. I stated that he was one of my personally close friends. And that's when it started.

"Well, that's just not okay with me. You're too accepting of people's differences."

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Why should it matter whether I'm too accepting? How does it affect her? And HOW can I be too accepting? Should I be less accepting? I'm sorry, but it's just not like me to be a total ass just because you happen to like the same sex. I've found that gays are usually more enjoyable to be around than some straight people I know! What's wrong with that? Since when is being accepting a BAD thing?

...Rawrgh. There goes my week. -sets things aFLAME-

No comments:

Post a Comment