Friday, January 29, 2010

Of That Which Concerns the Heart...

...Someone should do me a favor. That would be awesome right now.
You, sitting there with your computer. You'll do just fine. Would you do me a favor? It won't take long.

Define 'love'.

Not with a dictionary, not with society's definition. What's your interpretation of this terrible little emotion? I'll give you my idea:

Love is... more than just hugs and shy grins. No, toss that. That's not even love. That's the junior-high description.

Love is adoration, heartfelt caring. Love is being there for that person, no matter what. Love is accepting, love is understanding. Love is wanting the best for that person... no matter what happens. Love is attraction for the person, not their body. Love is.... loving all the little things that makes up a person, all their quirks and flaws and foibles... Love is realizing these things, but loving them anyway. Love is loving... but also knowing when you may have to let go.

....*sigh*....

There's only one direction this is going to go. Might as well get it out and over with.

Yes, I do love him, in the sense that.... well, read it. That's basically the color of my heart right now. I love him, all of him, every little thing about him. And as I'm typing this, I'm hurting. Not because of what may not happen between us, but of what I want for him. He's hurting, and I can see it all too easily. And I don't want him to hurt. It hurts me when he's like this, and I just want the best for him. Even if I'm not in the picture.

And besides...

The heart is genderless. What else can I do but love?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment