Thursday, December 10, 2009

...One.

I had an egg once.
It was a plain white egg,
simple and
pure and so very, very small.
It wasn't anything fancy, and it certainly wasn't anything like some of my friends had.
I was happy with it, though. It was mine, and I had grown up with it.

I was walking with it one day, holding to to my ear. I could hear
something,
whispering. I could hear something
calling, and
screaming, and
yelling, and as I walked with my egg, I

dropped it.

It s h a t t e r e d, and from it shot
LIGHTS and
COLOR and
sOuNd and
SHAPE.
And it surrounded me, and it enveloped me, and it spoke to me.

"One,"

it said, wrapping me in the brightest white. "Only one. One life to live. One life. What will you do?"
 
"...I don't know," I said. "But I will live it as it comes."
My eyes went wide as the colors changed, and a different voice spoke.

"One,"

it said, fanning the air around me with the clearest blue. "Just one. One truth to find. One perception. Can you see it? Where will you find it?"

"Truth is perception," I told the blue. "Truth is...unclear..."
The clearest blue flew to a harmonic green, and I heard the giggle in my ear:

"One,"

it laughed. "Merely one. One balance to hold. Will you heal the hurt? Justice the wrong? How will you grow?"

My heart sang in joyous reply: "One person holding balance might be a battle in itself. But I will push forward it as it presents itself."
Green's melody changed,  and violet filled my eyes. I waited for it to speak, but nothing came to my ear. And then, behind my eyes, a voice sang true--

"One,"

it said to me, filling my mind with peace. "Only one. One mystery to solve. One spirit. It flies--can you catch it? When you do, what will you do with it? Will you keep it in a cage, or let it fly free again?"

I raised my arms to the skies, calling to the heavens: "My spirit will always fly free, for to keep it caged would be tearing my heart from my chest."

My mind emptied, only to be flooded with the richest red. I was lifted from the ground by the enormity of it all, and the whispers echoed around me.

"One,"

it breathed, bathing my face in its warmth. "Simply one. One love, one heart to give. It yearns to soar, to dance with another. Will you let it? Who will you give it to?"

Tears flowed freely down my face, and I let the reply lift from my soul. "I yearn to let it fly, to let it dance. When the right melody begins, I shall give my heart to the music."

And then!

The 
LIGHTS and
COLOR and
sOuNd and
SHAPE
fled!


And I was alone again. With my shattered egg. I reached down to pick it up,
and found it

whole.

But I could feel the color inside it,
the
truth and the
balance and the
spirit and the
love and the
life...

All in one.

...Only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment